Chicken Pot Roast
(3-lb.) whole chicken
freshly ground black pepper
extra-virgin olive oil
medium potato, scrubbed and halved
stalk celery, cut into 3 pieces
cloves garlic, sliced
low-sodium chicken broth
freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Turn on the Instant Pot, then choose the Sauté program and the Normal setting. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place the lemon and rosemary in the cavity.
- Once the Instant Pot has come up to temperature, add oil. Lower chicken into the pot and sear on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and add potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, then add broth.
- Return chicken to pot and close the lid and the vent, then choose the Manual program and set the pressure to High or use the Poultry setting. Set the timer for 25 minutes. Once 25 minutes is up, naturally release the pressure for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from instant pot. Slice chicken, garnish with parsley, and serve.
Don't Miss Out!